Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by 吴晟 Sheng Wu <wu...@foxmail.com> on 2018/03/24 08:31:24 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache SkyWalking (incubating) version5.0.0-alpha(2nd round)

Justin

Thanks for helping.

Sheng Wu

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@me.com>.
Hi,

> We used the 4.4.0 version. So, can we use this component in our product?

See [1], this is dual licensed and as such you can pick the license you want [2] (i.e. the Apache license 2.0).

Thanks,
Justin

1. https://github.com/java-native-access/jna/blob/master/LICENSE
2. https://www.apache.org/legal/resolved.html#mutually-exclusive

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache SkyWalking (incubating) version5.0.0-alpha(2ndround)

Posted by peng-yongsheng <80...@qq.com>.
From this site:  http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/net.java.dev.jna/jna/4.4.0 <http://mvnrepository.com/artifact/net.java.dev.jna/jna/4.4.0>,
The license of this jna-4.4.0 is LGPL 2.1 and Apache 2.0.

But from the Github home page: https://github.com/java-native-access/jna <https://github.com/java-native-access/jna>,
At the end of README document,  they said: " (from version 4.0 onward) the Apache Software License, version 2.0”.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@me.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@me.com>.
HI,

> I think this section means: List the apache-2.0 licensed dependency is not necessary.

Correct only bundled things need to be considered. The guiding principle makes that clear. [1]

Thanks,
Justin

1. http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#guiding-principle

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache SkyWalking (incubating) version5.0.0-alpha(2ndround)

Posted by peng-yongsheng <80...@qq.com>.

BUNDLING AN APACHE-2.0-LICENSED DEPENDENCY <http://www.apache.org/dev/licensing-howto.html#alv2-dep>
Assuming once again that that the bundled dependency itself contains no bundled subcomponents under other licenses and thus the ALv2 applies uniformly to all files, there is no need to modify LICENSE. However, for completeness it is useful to list the products and their versions, as is done for products under other licenses.

If the dependency supplies a NOTICE file, its contents must be analyzed and the relevant portions bubbled up into the top-level NOTICE file.

From:  "Matt Sicker"<bo...@gmail.com>;
Date:  Sun, Mar 25, 2018 01:47 AM
To:  "general"<ge...@incubator.apache.org>;

Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache SkyWalking (incubating) version5.0.0-alpha(2nd round)

Posted by Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>.

Matt Sicker <bo...@gmail.com>