Posted to commits@subversion.apache.org by Apache subversion Wiki <co...@subversion.apache.org> on 2013/06/10 11:05:56 UTC

[Subversion Wiki] Update of "Berlin2013" by JulianFoad

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Subversion Wiki" for change notification.

The "Berlin2013" page has been changed by JulianFoad:
http://wiki.apache.org/subversion/Berlin2013?action=diff&rev1=6&rev2=7

   * Tests
    * Should coverage reports be part of our CI builds?
    * Do we want to improve coverage? If so, where and when?
+   * Ways to improve our test suite (started with a quick brainstorming by JulianF and DanielsSh at pre-hackathon dinner):
+    * Knobs: Test with various combinations of sharding, pack-after-commit, and all the other knobs.
+    * Non-repo-root checkouts.
+    * Filenames: Use spaces (and other awkward chars) in (WC, repo-root, versioned-FS) filenames.
+    * Large data sets: Use large data sets as a matter of course -- both simple ones to check basic scalability, and realistic ones to discover complex interactions.  For example, design many of the simple tests to be able to run on top of an already large and complex repos/WC state.  (And also able to run on a simple, empty state, to make debugging easier.)
+    * WC states: Instead of the simple Greek tree, use a basic test starting point that contains combinations of (added, del, replaced, moved, mod) x (depth=N) x (...).
+    * Client/server version combinations.
+    * Include an svn:special file that's not a "link", for future regression testing.
+    * Unit test framework: Use Python bindings for C APIs so we can share test infrastructure.  (Or provide Python bindings to libsvn_test and use that as the framework. :-)
+   * How to encourage (or to avoid discouraging) test-focused people from outside the project?

   * Bindings
    * C++HL leading to a consistent binding interface between languages?