Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Cohen, Laurence" <lc...@novetta.com> on 2015/07/23 23:04:17 UTC

[users@httpd] Request Entity Too Large

Hi everyone,

We are suddenly having the following problem on several of our servers, and
I have not been able to find a solution on the internet that has resolved
it.  Our configuration is the following.

Apache httpd 2.2.3 running on RHEL5
Tomcat 7, also running on RHEL5

When we try to upload a file bigger than a few megabytes, we get the
following error:

The requested resource
/dse/submissions/100103040/add_file
does not allow request data with POST requests, or the amount of data
provided in the request exceeds the capacity limit

I've tried to figure out what the maximum size file is, but the problem
will occur on a file, and then we try the same file a few minutes later and
it works.

I tried setting LimitRequestBody to 0, which I believe is the default
anyway, but it had no effect either way.

If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

Thanks,

Larry Cohen

Re: [users@httpd] Request Entity Too Large

Posted by "Cohen, Laurence" <lc...@novetta.com>.
Ok, thank you.

--

[image: www.novetta.com]

Larry Cohen

System Administrator

12021 Sunset Hills Road, Suite 400

Reston, VA 20190

Email  lcohen@novetta.com

Office  703-885-1064

Re: [users@httpd] Request Entity Too Large

Posted by Yehuda Katz <ye...@ymkatz.net>.

Re: [users@httpd] Re: Request Entity Too Large

Posted by Yehuda Katz <ye...@ymkatz.net>.
I am not familiar enough with Tomcat to say for sure. It might also depend
on your application.

- Y

Posted by "Cohen, Laurence" <lc...@novetta.com>.
Hi Yehuda,

Posted by "Cohen, Laurence" <lc...@novetta.com>.
Forgot to mention.  The httpd error code is 413.

Thanks,

Larry Cohen

Posted by "Cohen, Laurence" <lc...@novetta.com>.
Thanks Yehuda.

Posted by Yehuda Katz <ye...@ymkatz.net>.
If you are sure the problem is with nss, you will probably get more help on
their mailing list: https://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/mod_nss-list

Posted by "Cohen, Laurence" <lc...@novetta.com>.