Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Giovanni Cappelli <gi...@spaziozerouno.it> on 2009/03/11 11:28:50 UTC

Tomawak inputCalendar Tag malfunction

I have the need of using an inputCalendar to store the date value in a
string object and not in date Object. Conseguentely I have used a custom
converter that inside getAsObject method return a string (representing the
date selected) and not a date object. Unfortunately  when I persist the
object, by means of an entityManager instance, none value is stored. Here is
the code I am using:

<h:dataTable value='#{valoreAttributoOggetto.impostazioneValoriAttributi}'
var='item' border="1" cellpadding="2" cellspacing="0"
headerClass="olimpo-header">
       <h:column>
               <f:facet name="header">
                            <h:outputText value="Valore"/>
                </f:facet>
                <x:inputCalendar id="dateField" value="#{item.valore}"
                                     renderAsPopup="true"
                                     popupDateFormat="dd/MM/yyyy"
                                     popupTodayDateFormat="dd-MMM-yyyy"
                                     rendered="#{item.attributo.tipoData ==
true}"
                                    styleClass="default-item" forceId="true"
/>
        </h:column>
</h:dataTable>

As I have explained above value="#{item.valore} refers to a backing bean
string property.

Thank for any help.
Giovanni Cappelli
IT & Quality Team

 spazio zerouno spa

Via Brescia 47 - 20063 Cernusco s/n (MI)
Tel. +39.02927314.227
Fax. +39.02927314.211