Posted to user@flink.apache.org by Olivier Mallassi <ol...@gmail.com> on 2016/03/27 11:31:53 UTC

Storm topologies compatibility and exactly-once

hello all

I was reading the apache flink documentation and was particularly
interested in two things
- compatibility with storm api. AFAIU(i need to do more tests), you can
reuse storm defined topologies and run them on a Flink cluster. I was
wondering if this is "still a bêta" or production ready? I have not looked
at the implementation but I also assume there is a kind of bridge between
the Storm APIs and the Flink internals so that you only exexute the
spout/bolt code and do not inherit the Storm internals, right?
- exactly once semantic. I have to say this is a great feature :). I was
wondering if this semantic is still available when running a Storm defined
topology in a Flink cluster (cf my previous point)

Thanks a lot for your help

Cheers

Olivier

Re: Storm topologies compatibility and exactly-once

Posted by Olivier Mallassi <ol...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the precision Maximilian.

Posted by Maximilian Michels <mx...@apache.org>.
Hi Olivier,