Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Doug Lochart <dl...@gmail.com> on 2008/05/08 18:28:21 UTC

Re: tomcat/struts ---> flash/.swf >> hang problem

John,

Install Live HTTP Headers / Header Monitor plugin into Firefox and then
watch the HTTP traffic between your browser and the server.  Your answer
will most likely be there.  My assumption is that the MIME Type .swf is not
enabled in your Tomcat but that is just a wild guess.

regards,

Doug

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 11:58 AM, Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net> wrote:

> That doesn't answer most of my questions. You need to determine what is
> being sent to the browser (if anything) when it requests the .swf file from
> your web application, then post details of what you find out along with the
> relevant configuration details (including web.xml and struts.xml excerpts).
>
> L.
>

> john lee wrote:
>
>> Laurie,
>>    tks for your advise.
>>    hang forever, ----> browser lockup if use IE
>>    but, if use firefox, just nothing happen(return blank screen), but
>> browser not freeze.
>>    above test under regular Tomcat, which is
>> http://localhost:8080/sample.html ( it contains sample.swf inside)
>>    after test above, check the logfile under
>> /home/apache-tomcat-5.5.23/logs, but not showing anything.
>>    if use regular apache web server, the sample.html(sample.swf) running
>> fine.
>>    any configuration need to make in tomcat before run flash .swf file?
>>    tks in advance again.
>>    john
>>
>> Laurie Harper <la...@holoweb.net> wrote:
>>  john lee wrote:
>>
>>> Any expert can tell me why for the following?
>>>
>>> i have an flash file (.swf), it is running fine under regular apache
>>> server.
>>>
>>> But, it hang forever after i put it under tomcat/struts home directory.
>>>

>> What do you mean by 'hang forever'? Do you mean the browser locks up? The
>> HTTP response is never sent? -- in which case does any response data get
>> sent? How is your Struts application configured? Is the .swf file being
>> served by Struts or directly by Tomcat?
>>
>> If you're not sure how to answer those questions, I would suggest using
>> Firebug or some other tool that lets you monitor the HTTP conversation to
>> get a clearer picture of what's happening.
>>
>> L.

What profits a man if he gains the whole world yet loses his soul?