Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Hunter C Payne <hu...@yahoo.com.INVALID> on 2019/06/10 04:21:41 UTC

hocon and json formats for the Project Object Model

Hello all,   I've used Maven for probably 15 years now.  I think its great and want to thank you all for all your hard work.
   I've written a quick Scala library that converts pom.xml files to/from pom.json and pom.conf (Hocon) files.  This allows for a much less verbose way to specify pom files.  The code I've written should also be suitable to integrate into Maven proper (if you so choose) as it can construct the Maven bean classes that represent a POM in the Maven source base.

Here is a link to that library which I call Unbound.  Hope everyone likes this little project and thinks it helps promote Maven.  Its not quite complete yet as a bit more testing and debugging is necessary before it can be used but I still wanted to broadcast the idea to see how everyone felt about it.

hunterpayne/maven-unbound

|  |  |

|  |
hunterpayne/maven-unbound

Hocon and Json to Apache pom.xml. Contribute to hunterpayne/maven-unbound development by creating an account on ...

thank you for your time,
Hunter

Re: hocon and json formats for the Project Object Model

Posted by Hunter C Payne <hu...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Trying again in plain text.  Sorry for the resends.  Its Monday morning and I'm moving a bit slowly today...

https://github.com/hunterpayne/maven-unbound

Hunter

On Monday, June 10, 2019, 4:15:32 AM PDT, Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi, Hunter,
I have received your email a bit corrupted.
Did you put some ASCII art ?
Did you add attachments ?

I find your idea interesting. thank you

Enrico

Posted by Hunter Payne <hu...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
Weird.  The url you want is https://github.com/hunterpayne/maven-unboundSent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device
-------- Original message --------From: Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com> Date: 6/10/19  4:15 AM  (GMT-08:00) To: Maven Developers List <de...@maven.apache.org> Subject: Re: hocon and json formats for the Project Object Model Hi, Hunter,I have received your email a bit corrupted.Did you put some ASCII art ?Did you add attachments ?I find your idea interesting. thank youEnricoIl giorno lun 10 giu 2019 alle ore 11:33 Hunter C Payne<hu...@yahoo.com.invalid> ha scritto:> Hello all,   I've used Maven for probably 15 years now.  I think its great> and want to thank you all for all your hard work.>    I've written a quick Scala library that converts pom.xml files to/from> pom.json and pom.conf (Hocon) files.  This allows for a much less verbose> way to specify pom files.  The code I've written should also be suitable to> integrate into Maven proper (if you so choose) as it can construct the> Maven bean classes that represent a POM in the Maven source base.>> Here is a link to that library which I call Unbound.  Hope everyone likes> this little project and thinks it helps promote Maven.  Its not quite> complete yet as a bit more testing and debugging is necessary before it can> be used but I still wanted to broadcast the idea to see how everyone felt> about it.>> hunterpayne/maven-unbound>> |> |> |> |  |  |>>  |>>  |> |> |  |> hunterpayne/maven-unbound>> Hocon and Json to Apache pom.xml. Contribute to hunterpayne/maven-unbound> development by creating an account on ...>  |>>  |>>  |>>> thank you for your time,> Hunter>

Re: hocon and json formats for the Project Object Model

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
Hi, Hunter,