Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Mekonium <m....@gmail.com> on 2007/04/12 12:37:28 UTC

ERROR "The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin' does not exist"

Hello everyone,
Im a newbie in Maven, i must use this tool in my proiect. Unfortunately im
bloked by a problem, i use a proxy that i have already configured, and i
think that this configuration works because the command "mvn
archetype:create ..." has terminated correctly. But when i execute "mvn
compile" i meet this message error "The plugin
'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin' does not exist".
Plz if you have anyidea dont hesitate to answear me.
Thanks a lot.

By Mekonium

Re: ERROR "The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin' does not exist"

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
Greg is right. This is a known bug in M2.

Just delete ~/.m2/ and try again.

Wayne

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.
On 4/12/07, Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I didn't know the metadata was deleted with -U. Thanks for that info, Wendy.

No... -U forces an update (and changes the timestamp in the metadata I
assume, I haven't looked.)

Deleting the metadata is another option to force an update.  If it
just won't cooperate, rm -rf
$M2_REPO/org/apacha/maven/plugins/maven-xyz-plugin generally fixes it.

--
Wendy

Re: ERROR "The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin' does not exist"

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mekonium <m....@gmail.com>.
thanks a lot wendy. iIthinks that its works now.
thanks for all and to everybody.

Posted by Wendy Smoak <ws...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gregory Kick <gk...@gmail.com>.
sometimes when the proxy freaks out in the initial trials, it puts
some metadata in my repository that makes it permanently fail.  check
to see if ~/.m2/repository contains anything for that plugin and
delete it.

On 4/12/07, Mekonium <m....@gmail.com> wrote:

> I use a proxy that we have in the company.For tha i configured the following
> file:
> maven-2.0.6\conf\settings.xml
> any idea ???
> thanks a lot
> By mekonium

Gregory Kick
http://kickstyle.net/

RE: ERROR "The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin' does not exist"

Re: How to generate manifest ClassPath entries for a web project?

Posted by Manos Batsis <ma...@geekologue.com>.
Johan Eltes wrote:
> I'd like have all dependent jars of all modules of my enterprise
> application bundled in the ear - not in WEB-INF/lib directories of my
> war files. Is this possible with maven 2? I would also like maven to
> generate the required ClassPath entries in the war manifest file. I've
> found out how to accomplish the same tasks for ejb projects, but haven't
> found any hints on war projects.

md4j-quickstarter does that for it's ejb and war modules. The downside
is you have to duplicate deps in the ear pom. See the ear and war pom in
[1] and [2] respectively.

[1]
http://md4j.cvs.sourceforge.net/md4j/md4j-quickstarter-mvn/ear/pom.xml?view=markup
[2]
http://md4j.cvs.sourceforge.net/md4j/md4j-quickstarter-mvn/web/pom.xml?view=markup

hth,

Manos

Re: How to generate manifest ClassPath entries for a web project?

Posted by franz see <fr...@gmail.com>.
Good day,

If you have a war project and you want some of its dependencies not to be
included in your WEB-INF/lib, add

<project>
  <dependencies>
    <dependency>
      <scope>provided</scope>
    </dependency>
  </dependencies>
</project>

Cheers,
Franz

Posted by Johan Eltes <jo...@callistaenterprise.se>.
Thanks.

Posted by Jerome Lacoste <je...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mekonium <m....@gmail.com>.
Hello and thanks for your answear
as you said i debugged and i got this:

******************************
C:\test\my-app>mvn -X compile
+ Error stacktraces are turned on.
Maven version: 2.0.6
[DEBUG] Building Maven user-level plugin registry from: 'C:\Documents and
Settin
gs\meditel\.m2\plugin-registry.xml'
[DEBUG] Building Maven global-level plugin registry from: 'C:\Program
Files\mave
n-2.0.6\bin\..\conf\plugin-registry.xml'
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[INFO]
---
[INFO] Building my-app
[INFO]    task-segment: [compile]
[INFO]
---
[INFO] artifact org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin: checking
for up
dates from central
[DEBUG] repository metadata for: 'artifact
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resour
ces-plugin' could not be found on repository: central
[DEBUG] maven-resources-plugin: using locally installed snapshot
[DEBUG] Artifact not found - using stub model: Unable to determine the
latest ve
rsion

  org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:pom:LATEST

[DEBUG] Using defaults for missing POM
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-
plugin:pom:LATEST
[DEBUG] maven-resources-plugin: using locally installed snapshot
[DEBUG] Artifact not found - using stub model: Unable to determine the
release v
ersion

  org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin:pom:RELEASE

[DEBUG] Using defaults for missing POM
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-
plugin:pom:RELEASE
[INFO]
[ERROR] BUILD ERROR
[INFO]
[INFO] The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin' does not
exi
st or no valid version could be found
[INFO]
[DEBUG] Trace
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: The plugin
'org.apache.m
aven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin' does not exist or no valid version
could be
 found
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.verifyPlugin(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:1286)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.getMojoDescriptor
(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1522)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.bindLifecycleForP
ackaging(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:1016)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.constructLifecycl
eMappings(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:980)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoal(Defau
ltLifecycleExecutor.java:458)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeGoalAndHan
dleFailures(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:311)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.executeTaskSegmen
ts(DefaultLifecycleExecutor.java:278)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.execute(DefaultLi
fecycleExecutor.java:143)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:334)
        at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:125)
        at
java:39)
        at
sorImpl.java:25)
        at
        at

Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.version.PluginVersionNotFoundException:
The p
lugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin' does not exist or no
val
id version could be found
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.version.DefaultPluginVersionManager.resolvePl
uginVersion(DefaultPluginVersionManager.java:228)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.version.DefaultPluginVersionManager.resolvePl
uginVersion(DefaultPluginVersionManager.java:90)
        at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultPluginManager.verifyPlugin(DefaultPlug
inManager.java:166)
        at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.DefaultLifecycleExecutor.verifyPlugin(Defa
ultLifecycleExecutor.java:1257)
        ... 18 more
[INFO]
[INFO] Total time: 2 seconds
[INFO] Finished at: Thu Apr 12 16:37:20 CEST 2007
[INFO] Final Memory: 1M/2M
[INFO]

Re: ERROR "The plugin 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin' does not exist"

Posted by Gregory Kick <gk...@gmail.com>.
try running with -X to see what the problem is specifically

On 4/12/07, Mekonium <m....@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello everyone,
> Im a newbie in Maven, i must use this tool in my proiect. Unfortunately im
> bloked by a problem, i use a proxy that i have already configured, and i
> think that this configuration works because the command "mvn
> archetype:create ..." has terminated correctly. But when i execute "mvn
> compile" i meet this message error "The plugin
> 'org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-resources-plugin' does not exist".
> Plz if you have anyidea dont hesitate to answear me.
> Thanks a lot.
>
> By Mekonium

Gregory Kick
http://kickstyle.net/