Posted to user@accumulo.apache.org by Michael Wall <mj...@gmail.com> on 2014/01/20 06:00:21 UTC

Feedback requested - Accumulo Quickstart

Hello,

I am interested in feedback on a project to help new users get up and
running with Accumulo.  The project is available at
https://github.com/mjwall/accumulo-quickstart.

If the README doesn't answer everything, please let me know so I can fix
it.  Suggestions, bugs, comments and anything else are appreciated.  Email
is fine, as are new issues on github.

Thanks

Mike

Re: Feedback requested - Accumulo Quickstart

Posted by Michael Wall <mj...@gmail.com>.
Hi David,

No, hadn't planned to support VMs of any kind.  I personally have found
Accumulo in a VM to be distractingly slow.  I don't do Windows though, so a
local install has always been an option.

The whole point of the quickstart is to install directly on a local machine
in one directory.  Users should be able to ignore everything and begin
working immediately, well immediately after waiting for everything to
download and start.  But when they want to dig deeper, everything is
installed.  And should it be needed, users can remove the entire directory
and start all over.

I feel as though I am missing something in your question though.

Thanks

Mike

Posted by David Medinets <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Michael Wall <mj...@gmail.com>.