Posted to dev@gossip.apache.org by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com> on 2016/07/03 17:09:37 UTC

review for GOSSIP-13

Hey all,

This is a fairly important piece. Basically we want the ability to gossip
custom objects as our first big shiny feature. We also want to be able to
use different protocols TCP/UDP.

https://github.com/apache/incubator-gossip/compare/master...edwardcapriolo:GOSSIP-13

The challenge was that since the current code only sends one-way messages
there was no simple way to say "hey thanks for the message but you are not
part of the cluster" with UDP.

So this patch implements GossipCore class which supports send and
sendOneWay. While these implementations may not be the "perfect"
abstraction yet, I believe they pave the way to implement the above goals.
They will likely go a few rounds of refactor when the following features
are implemented.

If anyone has any comments let me know and I will address them otherwise I
would like to commit within 3-4 days and move onto the custom objects bit.

TX,
Edward

Re: review for GOSSIP-13

Posted by Edward Capriolo <ed...@gmail.com>.
Thanks dude!

I made a PR, review however feels comfortable to you. github vs jira. It
was not written incredibly elegantly. I did not go grazy here because it
will evolve quickly I think. But I can tell we probably should use a future
in here.

Re: review for GOSSIP-13

Posted by Gary Dusbabek <gd...@gmail.com>.