Posted to derby-user@db.apache.org by Robert Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/04 18:28:30 UTC

DERBY-3244 : NullPointerException - Release Date?

Hi,

I'm working on the Apache Qpid incubator project; and am putting
together a message store implementation around an embedded Derby
instance.  So far I'm extremely impressed at the performance vs. a log
based store which is our only current persistence solution.

However, in testing with Derby 10.3.2.1 I have come across what I
think is the issue described in JIRA DERBY-3244 (the stack trace is
identical to that presented there).

Although that JIRA has a Fix Version (amongst others) of 10.3.2.1 it
seems to me that it must have missed the cut-off date for that
release.

Are there any plans to produce another maintenance release in the near
future with that fix included?

Thanks,
Rob

Re: DERBY-3244 : NullPointerException - Release Date?

Posted by Robert Godfrey <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Thomas,

thanks for that, I'm happy to move to 10.4.  When the RC comes out
I'll plug that in and run the tests again (this has only happened once
in putting through several 10s of millions of messages).

Posted by Thomas Nielsen <Th...@Sun.COM>.
Hi Robert,

To my knowledge there are no plans for a 10.3 maintenance release at
this point.

But, the derby 10.4 release candidate is just a few days away (and has
the fix for 3244).
Maybe you could give that a try to see whether it fixes the problems you
experience?

If that does not help, you can build the current head of the 10.3 branch
yourself. The fix for 3244 is already merged to the 10.3 branch.

Cheers,
Thomas