Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Anil Patel <ap...@adititechlabs.com> on 2007/05/28 08:05:45 UTC

Is workEffortTypeId "Project Phase" a Iteration

Hi,
Can we use Workeffort type Project Phase for Iteration in software
development projects?

Regards
Anil

Re: Is workEffortTypeId "Project Phase" a Iteration

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Anil Patel wrote:
> I'll plan for a Screen to show list of Tasks in Project. I think we can add
> a flag to filter out tasks that have been assigned to some Iteration.

Yeah, that'd be great.

> For Tasks and Sub Projects association with Project in AssociationType of
> WORK_EFF_BREAKDOWN. Should be use some different kind of association
> between
> Tasks and Phase (Iteration) So its easy to filter out during reports and
> different user tools.

If we did this it would introduce redundant data. My preference would be to use the natural model and just use a view entity with the 2 WorkEfforts and a WorkEffortAssoc and just query on those. I think that would leave more flexibility for customization and future extension as well.

-David

Re: Is workEffortTypeId "Project Phase" a Iteration

Posted by Anil Patel <ap...@adititechlabs.com>.
David,

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.

Posted by Anil Patel <ap...@adititechlabs.com>.
David,
Should we add another WorkEffortType for Iteration?

Also I understand that
1) Sub Project (WE) will be a Project that has a Parent.
2) Sub Task (WE) will be a Task that has Parent task.

How is this?

Regards
Anil Patel

Posted by David E Jones <jo...@hotwaxmedia.com>.