Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Golang In Goland <go...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/25 14:36:59 UTC

[SSVM] - Image stuck after installation

 Hello,

I currently have a problem with my Cloudstack installation. I upgrade to
4.9.3 (from 4.6 => 4.9) after upgrade all worked well. So I decided to
update the systemVM to 4.9 by following the documentation available here:
http://docs.cloudstack.apache.org/projects/cloudstack-release-notes/en/4.10/upgrade/upgrade-4.9.html

Then I destroyed the SSVM and CPVM, however the template does not work when

I then rollback to version 4.6, unfortunately my template 4.9 remains in
place and I can not go back. I deleted the SystemVM but it doesn't works
cloudstack try to install the template 4.10 (or 4.9) installed previously
instead of 4.6 template.

Is there a way to stop the deployment of this template? (I tried to delete
the tasks in DB, but that does not seem to work).

Many thanks in advance for your help/advices.

Best regards,

Procedure used to install the templates :
1. Upload the new systemVM to Cloudstack
2. Change the Template type to "SYSTEM"
3. Change the name in "Global Settings" on Cloudstack to use the template
added.
4. Restart CloudStack Management server
5. Destroy SystemVM.

Config:
Hypervisor: XenServer 6.5 SP2
Cloudstack Version: 4.9.3
OS: CentOS 7

Re: [SSVM] - Image stuck after installation

Posted by Thomas Joseph <th...@gmail.com>.
> I then rollback to version 4.6, unfortunately my template 4.9 remains in
place and I can not go back. I deleted the SystemVM but it doesn't works
cloudstack try to install the template 4.10 (or 4.9) installed previously
instead of 4.6 template.

During the rollback, did you install ACP 4.6 from scratch?
If so, reverting to the DB backup taken before the upgrade should resolve
the issue.