Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Joseph George <jo...@cse.iitk.ac.in> on 2000/11/02 17:12:50 UTC

My Own Servlet Engine

Hi,
For my graduation project, i've decided to make a cross platform, remote administration tool for apache. Something very similar to Warpaint(http://www.rovis.com/warpaint/) - but, i'll be implementing it using web forms and servlets (and not perl). The first major thing to do would be to implement a very lightweight standalone servlet engine that can serve my servlets. This servlet engine of mine would be very very basic - supporting only the GET (and maybe POST) method and leaving out all the fancy stuff like sessions, etc...
So, how tough would it be to develop my own servlet engine? I don't want to use an existing servlet engine because the project would become too simple then. Any resources on the web where i can find out how to build a servlet engine from scratch? And, any tips from the TomCat developers :-)? Thanks.

Joseph George,
Computer Science & Engg. Dept.,
C-210, Hall 1,
Indian Institute Of Technology (IIT),