Posted to users@continuum.apache.org by Ken Turner <ke...@kbturner.co.uk> on 2008/02/19 13:06:31 UTC

Viewing the logfile

While developing/testing my build processes I like to have a dynamic view of
my logfile as it is produced, so I use BareTail controlled by the following
lines in my ANT build file:

<forget>
  <exec executable="cmd.exe" dir="${user.dir}" failifexecutionfails="false">
    <arg value="/c" />
    <arg file="C:\Program Files\BareMetalSoft\baretail.exe" />
    <arg file="${user.dir}\logfile.txt" />
  </exec>
</forget>

This works fine except for one small thing:  the Continuum job hangs on to
the log file view until it is closed.

I would like the Continuum job to terminate even though the logfile view is
still open.  Can anybody suggest a workaround for this?