Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by James Renfro <jl...@ucdavis.edu> on 2007/09/06 01:43:33 UTC

Connection dropped?

Is there any way using Wicket to find out if a user's connection has
dropped? For example -- if they close their browser or lose their
network connection? I saw the discussion re onunload but given that it's
browser-dependent, I'd like something more failsafe if possible and I
just want to make sure I clean up state after the user properly on the
server so don't need anything to happen inside the browser itself.

Thanks,
James.

--
James Renfro
Programmer

Re: Connection dropped?

Posted by Eelco Hillenius <ee...@gmail.com>.
On 9/5/07, James Renfro <jl...@ucdavis.edu> wrote:
> Is there any way using Wicket to find out if a user's connection has
> dropped? For example -- if they close their browser or lose their
> network connection? I saw the discussion re onunload but given that it's
> browser-dependent, I'd like something more failsafe if possible and I
> just want to make sure I clean up state after the user properly on the
> server so don't need anything to happen inside the browser itself.

I still think the only reliable way is to react on a session time out.
There's a callback for that in session stores.

Eelco