Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Enke Michael <Mi...@wincor-nixdorf.com> on 2001/10/10 08:16:43 UTC

for the committer: Patch: encoding for requests

I would ask you to change the "jspEncoding" to "jsp-encoding"
in all 3 patches because it is the common syntax.
I realized to late - sorry.

Michael

Re: for the committer: Patch: encoding for requests

Posted by Enke Michael <Mi...@wincor-nixdorf.com>.
Martin Man wrote:

> On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 10:56:36AM +0200, Enke Michael wrote:
> > Martin Man wrote:

> > > I do not understand why to call it even jsp-encoding, ..., if it's internal
> > > encoding used by *servlet container* itself it doesn't have anything to do
> > > with jsp, ..., or am I missing something.. ???
> >
> > That is true. But why you made no proposal to be constructive?
> > Let's call it container-encoding.
>
> sorry for no proposal, just didn't have anything appropriate in mind :),
> container-encoding looks good, .., i've changed the "encoding" attribute to be
> "form-encoding" to avoid confusion...
>
> please check that it works correctly, the changes are in 2.1 cvs
> I'll backport them to 2.0 as soon as there will be support for them in
> <xsp-request:get-parameter-values> also...

I downloaded and tested it: It's ok.
But I have a question about request.xsl, may be there are two mistakes?
line 243: getAttribute(objectModel,<xsl...>)
after objectModel, shouldn't be there a "this.contentHandler"?
The same on line 279: getRequestedURL

Posted by Martin Man <Ma...@seznam.cz>.
On Tue, Oct 16, 2001 at 10:56:36AM +0200, Enke Michael wrote:
> Martin Man wrote:
> >
> > On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 08:16:43AM +0200, Enke Michael wrote:
> > > I would ask you to change the "jspEncoding" to "jsp-encoding"
> > > in all 3 patches because it is the common syntax.
> > > I realized to late - sorry.
> >
> > I do not understand why to call it even jsp-encoding, ..., if it's internal
> > encoding used by *servlet container* itself it doesn't have anything to do
> > with jsp, ..., or am I missing something.. ???
>
> That is true. But why you made no proposal to be constructive?
> Let's call it container-encoding.

sorry for no proposal, just didn't have anything appropriate in mind :),
container-encoding looks good, .., i've changed the "encoding" attribute to be
"form-encoding" to avoid confusion...

please check that it works correctly, the changes are in 2.1 cvs
I'll backport them to 2.0 as soon as there will be support for them in
<xsp-request:get-parameter-values> also...

> Michael

thanx,
martin
--
2CC0 4AF6 92DA 5CBF 5F09  7BCB 6202 7024 6E06 0223

Re: for the committer: Patch: encoding for requests

Posted by Martin Man <Ma...@seznam.cz>.
On Wed, Oct 10, 2001 at 08:16:43AM +0200, Enke Michael wrote:
> I would ask you to change the "jspEncoding" to "jsp-encoding"
> in all 3 patches because it is the common syntax.
> I realized to late - sorry.

I do not understand why to call it even jsp-encoding, ..., if it's internal
encoding used by *servlet container* itself it doesn't have anything to do
with jsp, ..., or am I missing something.. ???

> Michael

martin
--
2CC0 4AF6 92DA 5CBF 5F09  7BCB 6202 7024 6E06 0223