Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> on 2010/05/28 09:07:18 UTC

[ApacheDS] Scripting, groovy, stored procedures and Java 6

Hi all,

I don't know what state Groovy LDAP is in but it would be really neat to be
able to leverage Groovy as a SP scripting language in the server. This means
certain bindings will most likely be needed but there's also the Java 6
scripting support we will need. Regardless of this need for Java 6, I'm of
the opinion we should move to Java 6 anyway considering the EOL for Java 5.

Thoughts?

--
Alex Karasulu
Apache MINA :: http://mina.apache.org

Re: [ApacheDS] Scripting, groovy, stored procedures and Java 6

Posted by Jörg Schaible <jo...@gmx.de>.
Alex Karasulu wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I don't know what state Groovy LDAP is in but it would be really neat to
> be able to leverage Groovy as a SP scripting language in the server. This
> means certain bindings will most likely be needed but there's also the
> Java 6 scripting support we will need. Regardless of this need for Java 6,
> I'm of the opinion we should move to Java 6 anyway considering the EOL for
> Java 5.
>
> Thoughts?

You may alternatively use BSF 3.0 that provides the JSR 223 scripting
support down to JDK 1.4, i.e. in a Java 6 environment you can drop the BSF
artifact while for Java 5 it is enough to add it as runtime dep.

- Jörg