Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Mike Douglass <do...@rpi.edu> on 2001/09/05 20:33:18 UTC

Escaping parameter value in URL

Attempting to use <html:link ... paramId="entrydn" paramName=...
paramProperty=...

When attempting to retrieve the parameter in the target page I got an error
claiming there was no parameter entrydn.

Problem was the value needs to be escaped to deal with all the "," and "="
etc that appear in the url. Fixed it by having the form bean property
method encode the value.

Shouldn't html:link encode it for me? Or have I missed something?

Mike Douglass				douglm@rpi.edu
Senior Systems Programmer
Communication & Collaboration Technologies	518 276 6780(voice) 2809 (fax)
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute 110 8th Street, Troy, NY 12180