Posted to derby-commits@db.apache.org by Apache Wiki <wi...@apache.org> on 2009/02/24 01:43:32 UTC

[Db-derby Wiki] Update of "CodingProjects" by DagWanvik

Dear Wiki user,

You have subscribed to a wiki page or wiki category on "Db-derby Wiki" for change notification.

The following page has been changed by DagWanvik:
http://wiki.apache.org/db-derby/CodingProjects

  ||Automatic copying of log from the log directory to an archive|| || || || ||
  ||Implement an LRU-based cache manager to replace the current clock algorithm|| || Derby currently uses a clock algorithm to determine which pages to replace in its page cache. We have indications that this algorithm is far from optimal for some type of loads.  Many other database systems use variants of an LRU-based algorithm, i.e. the pages that are least recently used will be candidates for replacement. || ["LRUCache"] || ||
  ||Network client Quality Improvements|| Kathey Marsden|| Derby introduced the network client JDBC driver with its 10.1.1.0 release.  There is still important quality work pending to match the robustness of our embedded Driver.  This is a great opportunity to learn about JDBC, XA, and DRDA protocol and become active in the Apache Derby development community.||NetworkClientQualityImprovements||??||
+ ||Make dblook work with SQLAuthorization|| || When SQL authorization (GRANT/REVOKE) was added to Derby, dblook was left behind (DERBY-3954, DERBY-3884). Tackling this will yield insight into Derby's authorization aspects and system tables, while still allowing coding to happen in a smaller codebase (dblook).||http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3884, http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DERBY-3954||1||