Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Adam Jack <aj...@trysybase.com> on 2003/10/28 23:44:57 UTC

Avalon on Gump

Hi,

I'm working on a new version of Jakarta Gump, and I am trying to validate it against the original one. It is getting pretty close (see http://gump.dotnot.org/modules.html) but I'm trying to ensure it is exact.

I'm trying to understand why Avalon fails on new Gump, but works (or worked) on traditional. Since these run at different times there could be different contents in CVS, but it also could be some subtle environment issue (and Gump is trying to generate that environment, as best it can). Maybe your expertise with your build requirements might spot something that I can't see, and I'd really appreciate you giving these results a quick eyeball.

New:
http://gump.dotnot.org/avalon/build/build_avalon_avalon.html
Traditional:
http://gump.covalent.com/log/avalon.html

This is the descriptor:
http://gump.covalent.com/log/module_avalon.html

>From your knowledge of the build file, does this classpath apepar correct:

http://gump.dotnot.org/avalon/avalon.html#Classpath

Do you know of any conflicts with JDKs?

http://gump.dotnot.org/checkenvironment/check_java.html

Thank in advance for any assistence you can give.

regards,

Adam

Re: Avalon on Gump

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.

Adam Jack wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm working on a new version of Jakarta Gump, and I am trying to validate it against the original one. It is getting pretty close (see http://gump.dotnot.org/modules.html) but I'm trying to ensure it is exact.
>
>I'm trying to understand why Avalon fails on new Gump, but works (or worked) on traditional. Since these run at different times there could be different contents in CVS, but it also could be some subtle environment issue (and Gump is trying to generate that environment, as best it can). Maybe your expertise with your build requirements might spot something that I can't see, and I'd really appreciate you giving these results a quick eyeball.
>
>New:
>http://gump.dotnot.org/avalon/build/build_avalon_avalon.html
>Traditional:
>http://gump.covalent.com/log/avalon.html
>
>This is the descriptor:
>http://gump.covalent.com/log/module_avalon.html
>
>>>From your knowledge of the build file, does this classpath apepar correct:
>
>http://gump.dotnot.org/avalon/avalon.html#Classpath

Just a quick look - seems to me that the classpath entries
    /var/gump/avalon/framework/target/api-classes
    /var/gump/avalon/framework/target/impl-classes

should actually be:
    /var/gump/avalon/framework/api/target/classes
    /var/gump/avalon/framework/impl/target/classes

Steve.

--

Stephen J. McConnell
mailto:mcconnell@apache.org