Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by enLogica <ne...@enlogica.com> on 2003/01/08 22:00:48 UTC

Tomcat Standalone Redirects auto redirects to index.html

Issue: Unlike Apache (and every other http server), tomcat standalone
automatically redirects to the welcome page, rather than forwarding to it.
In other words, to present the welcome page tomcat
will literally redirect (http 302) the user to www.xyz.com/index.html,
rather than
staying at www.xyz.com, and displaying the index page.

Anyone know a solution when using Tomcat Standalone

I do not want this effect as I am affraid it will have negative effects on
my search engine placement. SEs often penalize URLs that redirect ... and
since this is my primary domain this is a MAJOR issue.

I was given the advice previously to use a RewriteRule to fix this problem,
but have since been told this is functionality limited to Apache, and not
available to Tomcat.

Thanks.
Neal