Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Mitch Shepherd <Mi...@marklogic.com> on 2022/11/23 16:31:40 UTC

Creating a Spark 3 Connector

Hello,

I’m wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction for a Spark connector developer guide.

I’m looking for information on writing a new connector for Spark to move data between Apache Spark and other systems.

Any information would be helpful. I found a similar thing for Kafka<https://docs.confluent.io/platform/current/connect/devguide.html> but haven’t been able to track down documentation for Spark.

Best,
Mitch

This message and any attached documents contain information of MarkLogic and/or its customers that may be confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not read, copy, distribute, or use this information. If you have received this transmission in error, please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message. This email may contain pricing or other suggested contract terms related to MarkLogic software or services. Any such terms are not binding on MarkLogic unless and until they are included in a definitive agreement executed by MarkLogic.

Re: Creating a Spark 3 Connector

Posted by Jungtaek Lim <ka...@gmail.com>.
Bjørn, that is the project of "spark connect" which dissociates client and
server from Spark driver. Not related to data source (which is also known
as connector).

Mitch, as I understand correctly, unfortunately we don't have dedicated
documentation for implementing data source/connectors. It's encouraged to
look at reference implementations like Kafka and understand interfaces.
Each interface has its own documentation so it will guide you to implement
your own.

stuck with implementing it.

Thanks,
Jungtaek Lim (HeartSaVioR)

Posted by Bjørn Jørgensen <bj...@gmail.com>.

Spark Partitions Size control

Posted by vijay khatri <vi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Team,

I am reading data from sql server tables through pyspark and storing data
into S3 as parquet file format.

In some table I have lots of data so I am getting file size in S3 for those
tables in GBs.

I need help on this following:

I want to assign 128 MB to each partition. How we can assign?

I don't know the data size in tables. Some tables have 2 column but
billions records and some tables have 200 columns but thousands of records.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Vijay