Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "arthur.chereau" <ar...@voila.fr> on 2002/12/11 21:50:46 UTC

[users@httpd] Query strings: a question for hackers

Hi,

I need to access local web pages containing a question mark in the URL, such as:
http://localhost/www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=6000

Unfortunately, apache will split the URL and only load the part before the question
mark, so these pages will not be found.

I tried to use ForceType text/html, but it didn't work.
I tried to use mod_rewrite, but the URL is already truncated when the rewriting engine
is called.

I noticed that when a page containing a question mark ends with .html, it however is
not split:
http://localhost/www.linuxjournal.com/article.php?sid=6000.html will be found.

So it must exist a way to tell apache to always do as if there were .html at the end
(but, as I said, ForceType doesn't work) without appening the .html extension, but I
really have no more idea about how to do that.

Do you know how to make apache consider the question mark as a "normal" character ?