Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by pheitman <pe...@heitman.us> on 2017/05/19 17:56:56 UTC

Random port listening on 0.0.0.0 for tcp transport

When I start up an activemq broker, besides listening on the configured ports
of 61616 and 8161 it is also listening on a random port. My problem is that
I can not find out how to configure the interface that it should listen on.
It listens on 0.0.0.0 which is not acceptable for my company's security
policies.

Note that according to  IBM Ports used by activemq in HPC - United States
<http://www-01.ibm.com/support/docview.wss?uid=isg3T1022653>  ,

"c. Any random port like 37551, 35134 etc. : This port is used to
communicate with already connected clients."

Can someone tell me how to restrict this port to a particular IP address? Or
at least point to where in the code the socket is getting created? Thank
you.

Re: Random port listening on 0.0.0.0 for tcp transport

Posted by qza <ko...@gmail.com>.
There is a guide on how to define local host and port for Socket.
http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-i-define-a-local-address-and-local-port-for-tcp-or-ssl.html

This looks little strange together with
TcpTransportFactory.createTransport(location,wireformat) method that is
parsing the connection string.

Anyway,  I expected this to finally work but still nothing. Now when there
is a localAddress TcpTransport.connect() tries to bind socket to port
instead of opening connection. This causes JVM_BIND address already in used.

To me it looks like this can't be done. I would appreciate any help with
this 'unusual' local setup.

Re: Random port listening on 0.0.0.0 for tcp transport

Posted by qza <ko...@gmail.com>.
Thanks pheitman. You already helped me figuring out what the hell is opening
this random port on 0.0.0.0. After I stopped the application port gets
closed.
Have you been able to figure out how to solve this?