Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/30 04:33:26 UTC

[VOTE] Release yoko-1.4

Hi all,

I would like to call a vote on yoko-1.4. It is a minor release that
contains TCK related fixes (GERONIMOTCK-133, GERONIMOTCK-142).

Source archives:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-038/org/apache/yoko/yoko/1.4/

Source tag:
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/geronimo/yoko/tags/yoko-1.4/

Staging repository:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachegeronimo-038/

Vote will be open for 72 hours.
 [ ] +1  approve
 [ ] +0  no opinion
 [ ] -1  disapprove (and reason why)

Here's my +1.

Jarek

Re: [VOTE] Release yoko-1.4

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Apr 1, 2013, at 10:30 AM, Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I tired compiling Yoko (and jax-ws spec) on Java 7 and it compiled
> fine with the old (2.0) genesis.

Hmm. Yoko failed for me on Java 7. I'll retry to confirm...

--kevan

Re: [VOTE] Release yoko-1.4

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Apr 1, 2013, at 10:00 PM, Shawn Jiang <ge...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I got the same failures.  But is this a real stop issue ?

A stop issue is something that fails to conform to the requirements of the ASF. So, no…

My personal opinion is that all of our releases should build with Java 7 -- as this the the JDK level most people will be building with.

I'm wavering between -1 and -0.

Here's my -0.

--kevan

Re: [VOTE] Release yoko-1.4

Posted by Shawn Jiang <ge...@gmail.com>.

--
Shawn

Re: [VOTE] Release yoko-1.4

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.
On Apr 1, 2013, at 10:30 AM, Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I tired compiling Yoko (and jax-ws spec) on Java 7 and it compiled
> fine with the old (2.0) genesis.

Here are my results:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.0.2:compile (default-compile) on project yoko-rmi-impl: Compilation failure: Compilation failure:
[ERROR] could not parse error message: warning: [options] bootstrap class path not set in conjunction with -source 1.5
[ERROR] /Users/kevan/tmp/release/yoko-1.4/yoko-rmi-impl/src/main/java/org/apache/yoko/rmi/impl/ValueHandlerImpl.java:53: warning: ReflectionFactory is internal proprietary API and may be removed in a future release
[ERROR] private ValueDescriptor desc(Class clz, String repid, RunTime runtime) {
[ERROR] ^
[ERROR]
[ERROR] /Users/kevan/tmp/release/yoko-1.4/yoko-rmi-impl/src/main/java/org/apache/yoko/rmi/impl/ValueDescriptor.java:[349,51] ReflectionFactory is internal proprietary API and may be removed in a future release
[ERROR]
[ERROR] /Users/kevan/tmp/release/yoko-1.4/yoko-rmi-impl/src/main/java/org/apache/yoko/rmi/impl/FieldDescriptor.java:[24,29] Unsafe is internal proprietary API and may be removed in a future release
[ERROR]
[ERROR] /Users/kevan/tmp/release/yoko-1.4/yoko-rmi-impl/src/main/java/org/apache/yoko/rmi/util/corba/Field.java:[32,17] Unsafe is internal proprietary API and may be removed in a future release
[ERROR]
[ERROR] /Users/kevan/tmp/release/yoko-1.4/yoko-rmi-impl/src/main/java/org/apache/yoko/rmi/util/corba/Field.java:[37,19] Unsafe is internal proprietary API and may be removed in a future release
[ERROR]
[ERROR] /Users/kevan/tmp/release/yoko-1.4/yoko-rmi-impl/src/main/java/org/apache/yoko/rmi/util/corba/Field.java:[38,8] Unsafe is internal proprietary API and may be removed in a future release
[ERROR]
[ERROR] /Users/kevan/tmp/release/yoko-1.4/yoko-rmi-impl/src/main/java/org/apache/yoko/rmi/util/corba/Field.java:[40,23] Unsafe is internal proprietary API and may be removed in a future release
[ERROR]
[ERROR] /Users/kevan/tmp/release/yoko-1.4/yoko-rmi-impl/src/main/java/org/apache/yoko/rmi/util/corba/Field.java:[45,30] Unsafe is internal proprietary API and may be removed in a future release

Re: [VOTE] Release yoko-1.4

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.

Re: [VOTE] Release yoko-1.4

Posted by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com>.