Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jesper Preuss <je...@cbb.dk> on 2005/11/17 12:44:31 UTC

How to make a preview

Hi !

Hi have a web project using struts.

My homepage have an administrator module. Where you can change pictures,
CSS/colors, page texts and more.
Now you can save Submit->"save" a form. Here you have saved all the new
CSS colors permanent. And it will show for all the users of the page.

What I would like to do is, add an button Submit->"preview" to this
form. And when you 'preview' it will come with an pop-window. And here
you can browse the whole web-site, with the preview values.

You should be able to close the window. The original browser windows
session should not be affected by the preview values.

It is one session and two browsers, showing two different color schemes.

How do you implement this in Struts.

Re: How to make a preview

Posted by Michael Jouravlev <jm...@gmail.com>.
On 11/17/05, Jesper Preuss <je...@cbb.dk> wrote:
> Hi !
>
> Hi have a web project using struts.
>
> My homepage have an administrator module. Where you can change pictures,
> CSS/colors, page texts and more.
> Now you can save Submit->"save" a form. Here you have saved all the new
> CSS colors permanent. And it will show for all the users of the page.
>
> What I would like to do is, add an button Submit->"preview" to this
> form. And when you 'preview' it will come with an pop-window. And here
> you can browse the whole web-site, with the preview values.
>
> You should be able to close the window. The original browser windows
> session should not be affected by the preview values.
>
> It is one session and two browsers, showing two different color schemes.
>
> How do you implement this in Struts.

Non-Struts related. Search for CSS style switcher.

Michael.

RE: How to make a preview

Posted by Mark Benussi <ma...@hotmail.com>.
Pass a token to the new window indicating it's a preview.

Then display the new styles for the new window, ensuring that the token gets
passed to all the links and forms etc