Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Wei Hsu <wh...@openharbor.com> on 2004/06/07 19:22:24 UTC

SOAP Response message exchange pattern

bindinfdesc2Hi all,

I am trying to see if I can make AXIS take advantage of web caching, which
only works with HTTP GET.  To my knowledge, regular AXIS invocations all
require HTTP POST, since it uses the SOAP Request-Response Pattern.  So I
was wondering if AXIS supported the SOAP Response Message Exchange Pattern
(MEP), which uses HTTP GET.

<Exerpt>

from W3 (http://www.w3.org/TR/2003/REC-soap12-part2-20030624/#soapresmep)

6.3.2 Description

The SOAP Response MEP defines a pattern for the exchange of a non-SOAP
message acting as a request followed by a SOAP message acting as a response.
In the absence of failure in the underlying protocol, this MEP consists of
exactly two messages, only one of which is a SOAP message:

</Exerpt>

Would appreciate any lead or help I can get. Thanks a lot!

-Wei

Re: SOAP Response message exchange pattern

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
Axis does support SOAP 1.2

-- dims

Posted by Jim Murphy <jm...@mindreef.com>.