Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Chetna Bhatt <c_...@vsnl.com> on 2000/11/20 07:45:19 UTC

HELP:ApacheModuleJserv.dll

hello,
I am new to JSP and have downloaded Tomcat v3.1 and Apache web Server
1.3.12 for Windows NT4 as the platform.I have also downloaded the
ApacheModuleJserv.dll file from the site.
My qurery is that do i have to install JServ to be able to execute JSp
files and if yes, where can i find Jserv.
If possible, could u please tell me whether i nedd to install any other
softwares, dll files so as to run the JSP file.
Also am confused regarding the starting of tomcat and apache web server.

Which one is supposed to start first?? In tomcat which .bat file to
start first?
Do i have to set any CLASSPATH for tomcat and Apache?
Do i have to install jswdk also?
Where do i keep all my JSP Files and the bean files i.e. .class files?
Also, do have to set the mime type for jsp  in the mime.conf file of the
Apache Web Server?

Any help is highly appreciated.
THANX in advance.
CB