Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by Ryan Fong <ry...@workday.com> on 2012/08/15 21:14:50 UTC

IvyDE 2.2.0

G'day, mates.  I ran into a resolution issue with Eclipse Juno 4.2 &
Apache IvyDE 2.1.0.201008101807-RELEASE.

I have the "resolve dependencies in workspace" setting enabled and have
the project corresponding to the xyz module open in my workspace.

When I have a dependent project that refers to the xyz module with the
artifact sub-element present, IvyDE complains that it cannot resolve the
dependency.  However, when I remove the artifact sub-element, everything
resolves fine.  (See snippet below.)

Ant's call to the ivy resolve task can resolve with and without the
artifact sub-element.  Is this a bug in this version of IvyDE?  Are
there any known workarounds?  Thanks!

<dependency org="com.myco" name="xyz" rev="latest.${release.type}"
transitive="false"
            conf="myco-shared, compile->default">
   <artifact name="com.myco.xyz" type="jar"/>
</dependency>

Re: IvyDE 2.2.0

Posted by Nicolas Lalevée <ni...@hibnet.org>.
Le 15 août 2012 à 21:14, Ryan Fong a écrit :

> G'day, mates.  I ran into a resolution issue with Eclipse Juno 4.2 &
> Apache IvyDE 2.1.0.201008101807-RELEASE.
>
> I have the "resolve dependencies in workspace" setting enabled and have
> the project corresponding to the xyz module open in my workspace.
>
> When I have a dependent project that refers to the xyz module with the
> artifact sub-element present, IvyDE complains that it cannot resolve the
> dependency.  However, when I remove the artifact sub-element, everything
> resolves fine.  (See snippet below.)
>
> Ant's call to the ivy resolve task can resolve with and without the
> artifact sub-element.  Is this a bug in this version of IvyDE?  Are
> there any known workarounds?  Thanks!
>

> <dependency org="com.myco" name="xyz" rev="latest.${release.type}"
> transitive="false"
>            conf="myco-shared, compile->default">
>   <artifact name="com.myco.xyz" type="jar"/>
> </dependency>

It is an know issue, but I think nobody took time to open a jira issue about it I think.
We're welcomed to open one.
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IVYDE

Nicolas