Posted to users@maven.apache.org by gotama <go...@bgb.net> on 2008/10/04 00:25:21 UTC

Assembly Tar: How to exclude directories

I'm curious if the Assembly plugin is capable of creating a tar file similar
to the following command:

find * ! -type d | tar zcvfT $TARFILE -

if you exec 'tar ztvf myAssembly.tar.gz' you will see that directories are
listed in the tar file. if you create a tar w/ the above command, you will
notice that when you list the tar w/ 'tar ztvf myAssembly.tar.gz' you will
just see files and the full path to that file.

please note, i am not trying to exclude entire directories or to flatten the
tar, but to not include the directories in the tar. please try out these
commands w/ a sample if its confusing and you will see what i mean.

thanks.

Re: Assembly Tar: How to exclude directories

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
Not to my knowledge. Maven doesn't execute the tar executable but
rather uses a Java implementation of it, which I don't believe has as
many different configuration options.

- Brett

2008/10/4 gotama <go...@bgb.net>:

> I'm curious if the Assembly plugin is capable of creating a tar file similar
> to the following command:
>
> find * ! -type d | tar zcvfT $TARFILE -
>
> if you exec 'tar ztvf myAssembly.tar.gz' you will see that directories are
> listed in the tar file. if you create a tar w/ the above command, you will
> notice that when you list the tar w/ 'tar ztvf myAssembly.tar.gz' you will
> just see files and the full path to that file.
>
> please note, i am not trying to exclude entire directories or to flatten the
> tar, but to not include the directories in the tar. please try out these
> commands w/ a sample if its confusing and you will see what i mean.
>
> thanks.

Brett Porter
Blog: http://blogs.exist.com/bporter/