Posted to dev@harmony.apache.org by Estelle Liu <ly...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/26 10:51:22 UTC

[jitrino]does harmony have interprocedural analyses?

Hi,all
I want to try to implement  some interprocedural analysis in Harmony. Has
any interprocedural analysis existed?

--
Estelle

Re: [jitrino]does harmony have interprocedural analyses?

Posted by Pavel Ozhdikhin <pa...@gmail.com>.
Estelle,

Egor gave a correct list of passes which are interprocedural. In
general, there are several ways to do interprocedural analysis in JIT
(Jitrino.OPT):

1. Lazy analysis - analyze methods as they are compiled and save this
info for further uses
2. "Managed" lazy analysis - the same as above but you may ask VM to
compile a method out of orter, if you need to have it analyzed
3. Eager analysis - like in inlining, when you analyze methods (either
bytecode or translated internal representation) in one compilation
session.

Thank you,
Pavel

Posted by Egor Pasko <eg...@gmail.com>.