Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Bianchi, Melanie" <Me...@stratus.com> on 2006/01/25 20:41:27 UTC

[users@httpd] Problems with Apache 2.0.55 with fastcgi and SpecWeb99

Hello all,

I'm attempting to run SpecWeb99 with fastcgi against Apache on a Dell
1750 with Linux without much success. For the past three weeks, I've
been hitting my head against a brick wall. I would be so grateful if
someone could just point me in the right direction or tell me that they
have had similar problems. I'm starting to doubt my sanity!

Here are the various versions that I'm using: Apache 2.0.55, mod_fastcgi
SNAP-0404142202, fcgi-2.4.1-SNAP-0311112127, SpecWeb99 V1.02. After
doing some web research, (Google is so your friend!) folks were
recommending the SNAP version of the mod_fastcgi as folks stated there
were issues with 2.4.2 and Apache 2.x.

I have specified that Apache load the mod_fastcgi module dynamically.
I've also removed the comments to allow fastcgi in specweb99-fcgi.pl.
I've run the modified fcgi as a plain cgi file to make sure that the
edits were done correctly and I can run SpecWeb with no errors being
reported by Apache or the SpecWeb client.

I then turn fastcgi on in Apache and spawn five instances of
specweb99-fcgi script. I can test everything through Internet Explorer
without seeing any issues. I though everything was just grand until I
actually ran SpecWeb!

I'm only running one client and SpecWeb will run from 0 - ~3 minutes
before the client starts complaining about 'Expected Expired Ad' or
'Invalid Expired Ad' issues. The Apache error log states the following
'info': [Wed Jan 18 22:33:26 2006] [info] [client 134.111.106.243]
(32)Broken pipe: core_output_filter: writing data to the network
[Wed Jan 18 22:33:26 2006] [info] [client 134.111.106.243]
(104)Connection reset by peer: core_output_filter: writing data to the
network. These errors are generated by the HTTP/HT.c code from
SpecWeb99. I've reviewed the code and from what I can understand, there
was some type of cookie issue.

I've done numerous web searches looking for 'apache  & specweb99',
'apache & fastcgi', 'specweb99 & fastcgi' and others. I have not found
anyone having the same issues as myself. Again, I would be totally
grateful if someone could just point me in the right direction!

Thanks for your time!

Melanie Bianchi

Stratus Technologies

111 Powdermill Road