Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by sweety <sw...@yahoo.com> on 2014/01/01 09:07:31 UTC

to index byte array

I am converting .doc and .docx files to byte array in c#, now I need to index
this byte array of doc files.
Is it possible in solr to index byte array of files??

Re: to index byte array

Posted by sweety <sw...@yahoo.com>.
For indexing .docx files using tika, requires file system path, but i dont
want to give the path.

I read in DIH faq's that by using transformer the output can be converted
from byte to string.

Re: to index byte array

Posted by sweety <sw...@yahoo.com>.
If you consider a client-server architecture, the documents will sent in
binary format to server, now for solr this binary format will be the source
to index, so i need to index byte array.
Also if store this byte-array into db and then index in solr, then will the
contents of document be searchable like normal documents(because the
contents are in binary format so will the solr match the query)??

Re: to index byte array

Posted by Gora Mohanty <go...@mimirtech.com>.
On 1 January 2014 16:03, sweety <sw...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> For indexing .docx files using tika, requires file system path, but i dont
> want to give the path.

Um, why not?

> I read in DIH faq's that by using transformer the output can be converted
> from byte to string.

Yes, that can possibly be done, but seems like an awful roundabout
way of doing it.

Regards,
Gora

Re: to index byte array

Re: to index byte array

Posted by Gora Mohanty <go...@mimirtech.com>.
On 1 January 2014 13:37, sweety <sw...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I am converting .doc and .docx files to byte array in c#, now I need to index
> this byte array of doc files.
> Is it possible in solr to index byte array of files??

This does not make much sense: How would one
search through a byte array? Why not index the
.doc/.docx files directly into Solr?

Regards,
Gora