Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Lukasz Cwik <lc...@google.com> on 2018/11/19 17:09:29 UTC

E-mail Organization

dev@beam.apache.org gets a lot of e-mail. I was wondering how other Apache
projects help their contributors focus on design/project discussions (such
as SQL, SplittableDoFn, Portability, Samza, Flink, Testing, ...)?

I'm looking for a solution that allows people to tag a discussion with
multiple topics, and that tags can be added after the e-mail has been sent
as the discussion may cross multiple topics such as testing and SQL.

I was initially thinking that we could embed tags like "topic:sql" in the
message body and if something was part of multiple tags it would be
"topic:sql topic:testing" to make it easy

What do you think?

Re: E-mail Organization

Posted by Robert Bradshaw <ro...@google.com>.
I was about to suggest tags in subject lines as well. Easier to see in
email listings than anything in the body.

Re: E-mail Organization

Posted by Lukasz Cwik <lc...@google.com>.

Re: E-mail Organization

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <ke...@apache.org>.