Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org> on 2001/09/04 22:23:33 UTC

[VOTE] Release Plan for Apache Tomcat 4.0 (final release)

Well, it's just about that time ... the Servlet 2.3 and JSP 1.2
specifications are going final soon (they are being voted on in the Java
Community Process as we speak).  Therefore, I've just submitted an initial
draft of a Release Plan document for final release of Tomcat 4.0, which
can be viewed online via:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/~checkout~/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/RELEASE-PLAN-4.0.txt

Please review this proposal, and the associated Bugzilla bug reports, and
cast your vote:

---------- Release Plan for Apache Tomcat 4.0 (final release) ----------
[ ] +1    I am in favor of this plan, and will help
[ ] +0    I am in favor of this plan, but am unable to help
[ ] -0    I not in favor of this plan
[ ] -1    I am opposed to this plan, and my reason(s) are:

Craig McClanahan

Re: [VOTE] Release Plan for Apache Tomcat 4.0 (final release)

Posted by Andy Armstrong <an...@tagish.com>.

--
Andy Armstrong, Tagish

Re: [VOTE] Release Plan for Apache Tomcat 4.0 (final release)

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@apache.org>.
> Well, it's just about that time ... the Servlet 2.3 and JSP 1.2
> specifications are going final soon (they are being voted on in the Java
> Community Process as we speak).  Therefore, I've just submitted an initial
> draft of a Release Plan document for final release of Tomcat 4.0, which
> can be viewed online via:

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/~checkout~/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/RELEASE-PLAN-4.0
.txt

> Please review this proposal, and the associated Bugzilla bug reports, and
> cast your vote:
>
> ---------- Release Plan for Apache Tomcat 4.0 (final release) ----------
> [X] +1    I am in favor of this plan, and will help
> [ ] +0    I am in favor of this plan, but am unable to help
> [ ] -0    I not in favor of this plan
> [ ] -1    I am opposed to this plan, and my reason(s) are:

Remy

Re: [VOTE] Release Plan for Apache Tomcat 4.0 (final release)

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Wed, 5 Sep 2001, Glenn Nielsen wrote:

> Date: Wed, 05 Sep 2001 11:49:20 -0500
> From: Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net>
> To: tomcat-dev@jakarta.apache.org
> Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Plan for Apache Tomcat 4.0 (final release)
>
> "Craig R. McClanahan" wrote:
> >
> > Well, it's just about that time ... the Servlet 2.3 and JSP 1.2
> > specifications are going final soon (they are being voted on in the Java
> > Community Process as we speak).  Therefore, I've just submitted an initial
> > draft of a Release Plan document for final release of Tomcat 4.0, which
> > can be viewed online via:
> >
> > http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/~checkout~/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/RELEASE-PLAN-4.0.txt
> >

> The release timeline looks very short, 3 days between RC1 and RC2, 5 days
> between RC2 and Final.

If people would just test on the nightlies we wouldn't need RC1 and RC2 at
all -- effectively, every nightly build from here on out should be
considered a release candidate with bug fixes only going in.  But some
folks won't even try something unless it is "released" -- these exist
solely to potentially increase the amount of testing we get.

As a practical matter, I expect that we've already identified or nailed
most (hopefully all) of the serious issues, because the various betas of
Tomcat 4 have had tens of thousands of downloads.

> > Please review this proposal, and the associated Bugzilla bug reports, and
> > cast your vote:
> >
> > ---------- Release Plan for Apache Tomcat 4.0 (final release) ----------
> > [X] +1    I am in favor of this plan, and will help
> > [ ] +0    I am in favor of this plan, but am unable to help
> > [ ] -0    I not in favor of this plan
> > [ ] -1    I am opposed to this plan, and my reason(s) are:
> >
> > Craig McClanahan

Craig

Re: [VOTE] Release Plan for Apache Tomcat 4.0 (final release)

Posted by Glenn Nielsen <gl...@voyager.apg.more.net>.

Posted by Christopher Cain <cc...@mhsoftware.com>.
You're absolutely right. A bit of a typo there. Thanks!

Posted by Ludovic Maitre <Lu...@sophia.inria.fr>.
Hello,

Posted by Christopher Cain <cc...@mhsoftware.com>.

Posted by Amy Roh <am...@apache.org>.
> ---------- Release Plan for Apache Tomcat 4.0 (final release) ----------
> [X] +1    I am in favor of this plan, and will help
> [ ] +0    I am in favor of this plan, but am unable to help
> [ ] -0    I not in favor of this plan
> [ ] -1    I am opposed to this plan, and my reason(s) are:

Amy

Re: [VOTE] Release Plan for Apache Tomcat 4.0 (final release)

Posted by cm...@yahoo.com.
On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, Craig R. McClanahan wrote:

> Well, it's just about that time ... the Servlet 2.3 and JSP 1.2
> specifications are going final soon (they are being voted on in the Java
> Community Process as we speak).  Therefore, I've just submitted an initial
> draft of a Release Plan document for final release of Tomcat 4.0, which
> can be viewed online via:
>
> http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs/~checkout~/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/RELEASE-PLAN-4.0.txt
>
> Please review this proposal, and the associated Bugzilla bug reports, and
> cast your vote:
>
> ---------- Release Plan for Apache Tomcat 4.0 (final release) ----------
> [ ] +1    I am in favor of this plan, and will help
> [X] +0    I am in favor of this plan, but am unable to help
> [ ] -0    I not in favor of this plan
> [ ] -1    I am opposed to this plan, and my reason(s) are:

With hope that after 4.0 and 3.3 are released, we'll find better ways to
share and work togheter...

Costin

Re: [VOTE] Release Plan for Apache Tomcat 4.0 (final release)

Posted by Pier Fumagalli <pi...@betaversion.org>.
"Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org> wrote:

> ---------- Release Plan for Apache Tomcat 4.0 (final release) ----------
> [X] +1    I am in favor of this plan, and will help
> [ ] +0    I am in favor of this plan, but am unable to help
> [ ] -0    I not in favor of this plan
> [ ] -1    I am opposed to this plan, and my reason(s) are:

Purrfect, as my vacation week starts on the 22nd (San Diego here we come :)

    Pier (sticking out his Cubans for celebration)

Re: [VOTE] Release Plan for Apache Tomcat 4.0 (final release)

Posted by Kief Morris <ki...@bitbull.com>.
+0

Craig R. McClanahan typed the following on 01:23 PM 9/4/2001 -0700

minor bug 3114 : LocalStrings_es.properties

Posted by Carlos Gaston Alvarez <ga...@tournet.com.ar>.
Hi Craig,

   I did some small spelling corrections to the file as I found it at
bugzilla.
   If this is not all tell me that I can help you.

Chau,

Gaston

RE: [VOTE] Release Plan for Apache Tomcat 4.0 (final release)

Posted by Marc Saegesser <ma...@apropos.com>.
---------- Release Plan for Apache Tomcat 4.0 (final release) ----------
[ ] +1    I am in favor of this plan, and will help
[X] +0    I am in favor of this plan, but am unable to help
[ ] -0    I not in favor of this plan
[ ] -1    I am opposed to this plan, and my reason(s) are:

One of these days I'll put tomcat_32 behind me and move on to some of this
new stuff.

Congratulations to everyone who has worked on this.  You guys have done
really great job.

Marc Saegesser