Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Aditya Laddha <ad...@gmail.com> on 2010/04/20 09:33:20 UTC

How to load service in a specified order or sequence?

I want to start(load) services on fuse start-up in a specific order(sequence)
as our services are dependent.

Like internally on start-up of service1 we send msgs to service2 hence we
need service2 to be up and running. Is there a way to do this?

is this doable? Although I understand the SA's should be perfectly stand
alone modules but what we have is a requirement.

Thanks in advance.
Aditya

Re: How to load service in a specified order or sequence?

Posted by iocanel <ca...@upstreamsystems.com>.

Aditya Laddha wrote:

> Can I know what OS are you using cause now what I thinks is the servicemix
> reads the deployed Service Assemblies in the sequence of directory format
> returned to servicemix from the OS

I am using Linux.

-----
Ioannis Canellos

Re: How to load service in a specified order or sequence?

Posted by Aditya Laddha <ad...@gmail.com>.

iocanel wrote:

> Aditya Laddha wrote:
>>
>> My observations defer after deploying set of Service assemblies in
>> servicemix and restarting the servicemix it starts each service as per
>> the alphabetical order of the service assembly name.
>>

> 17:58:12,080 | INFO  | Timer-3    | ServiceAssemblyLifeCycle |
> ework.ServiceAssemblyLifeCycle  133 | Starting service assembly:
> myrouter-sa
> 17:58:28,486 | INFO  | Timer-3    | ServiceAssemblyLifeCycle |
> ework.ServiceAssemblyLifeCycle  133 | Starting service assembly:
> audit-logging-sa
> 17:58:39,152 | INFO  | Timer-3    | ServiceAssemblyLifeCycle |
> ework.ServiceAssemblyLifeCycle  133 17:58:53,245 | INFO  | Timer-3    |
> ServiceAssemblyLifeCycle | ework.ServiceAssemblyLifeCycle  133 | Starting
> service assembly: router-sa
>
> At least in my case it doesn't do that alphabetically. I am using
> servicemix 3.3.1.

Can I know what OS are you using cause now what I thinks is the servicemix
reads the deployed Service Assemblies in the sequence of directory format
returned to servicemix from the OS

As in my case it is going by Alphabetical order and I am using windows :

INFO  - ServiceAssemblyLifeCycle       - Starting service assembly:
metadata.sa
INFO  - ServiceUnitLifeCycle           - Starting service unit: metadata-su
INFO  - ServiceAssemblyLifeCycle       - Starting service assembly:
userservice.sa
INFO  - ServiceUnitLifeCycle           - Starting service unit:
userservice-su

And windows internally return directories sequenced by alphabetical order.

Thanks,

Posted by iocanel <ca...@upstreamsystems.com>.

Posted by Aditya Laddha <ad...@gmail.com>.

Posted by iocanel <ca...@upstreamsystems.com>.