Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Ca...@gru.com on 2003/12/08 22:25:47 UTC

MAVEN-1068, MPARTIFACT-4, MPEJB-2

I have submitted new issues and/or commented on existing issues (MPEJB-2) in
order to improve the handling of EJB-client jar files. Specifically, I added
support for project.xml dependencies specified with type="ejb-client"
(adding it to the classpath when compiling, etc), and the ability to run any
of these:

ejb:install-client

ejb:install-client-snapshot

ejb:deploy-client

ejb:deploy-client-snapshot

I had to modify the artifact plugin in order to allow the use of the
artifact:install/install-snapshot/deploy/deploy-snapshot goals and integrate
the new ejb plugin functionality appropriately. I encourage you guys (those
few with interest and/or time) to dig into these and rip them apart, if need
be.  I've tested these changes on my local machine, with no problems...but
one can never have too many eyes on a piece of code, right? If there is any
chance of integrating this with the three projects (or two, depending on
JIRA vs. CVS), I would greatly appreciate it.

Just a thought, it might be nice to factor out the artifact-handling code
from the core/artifact plugin into generic and pluggable ArtifactHandler
implementations which would supply extensions, types, repository
directories, etc. on demand...then, the ejb plugin could have a dependency
on the maven-ejb-artifact-xx.jar and the maven-ejb-client-artifact-xx.jar.
This would eliminate the need for three patches when adding a new artifact
type to the ArtifactType class...

Anyway, tear it up! Thanks, and let me know if I've done something stupid.

Cheers,

John Casey