Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by Gerhard Froehlich <g-...@gmx.de> on 2001/12/13 12:00:45 UTC

NPE in EcaliburComponentManager

Hi,

In the Cocoon project we have some optional roles. From time
to time they have no implementation behind:
Like:
<role name="org.apache.cocoon.components.saxconnector.SAXConnector"
          shorthand="sax-connector"/>

This throws a ugly NPE on runtime. For me that's a) not the correct
Exception for this issue and b) maybe we can implement some default
class like org.apache.avalon.excalibur.NoImplementation or something
else to avoid a Exception.

What do you think?

  Gerhard

RE: NPE in EcaliburComponentManager

Posted by Gerhard Froehlich <g-...@gmx.de>.

Uups, your're right. No NPE's anymore. Sorry for making noise!

  Gerhard

"The most important question when any new
computer architecture is introduced is 'So what?'"

Re: NPE in EcaliburComponentManager

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@apache.org>.
Gerhard Froehlich wrote:

> Hi,
>
> In the Cocoon project we have some optional roles. From time
> to time they have no implementation behind:
> Like:
> <role name="org.apache.cocoon.components.saxconnector.SAXConnector"
>           shorthand="sax-connector"/>
>
> This throws a ugly NPE on runtime. For me that's a) not the correct
> Exception for this issue and b) maybe we can implement some default
> class like org.apache.avalon.excalibur.NoImplementation or something
> else to avoid a Exception.
>
> What do you think?

I believe I already fixed the NPE issue.

Try CVS HEAD for Cocoon2 today.  You shouldn't see any NPE.

  deserve neither liberty nor safety."
                 - Benjamin Franklin