Posted to dev@slider.apache.org by Thomas Weise <th...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/12 18:34:16 UTC

Container recovery on working on CDH with yarn.component.placement.policy=1

We are testing KOYA on CDH 5.4. We see that after killing the container
Slider as expected will ask for the same host. The request is never filled
and the container cannot be redeployed. We see this behavior on CDH with
DataTorrent also, it looks like a CDH bug.

Anyone else trying to run Slider on CDH and sees the same behavior? Any
insight on whether that is a CDH configuration issue or fair scheduler bug?

Thanks,
Thomas

Re: Container recovery on working on CDH with yarn.component.placement.policy=1

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@gmail.com>.
Jean,

Curious what your findings will be with the capacity scheduler. The cluster
I'm using has the fair scheduler (CDH default) and we see this issue with
other applications also. Works fine on HDP 2.2.

The resource manager is logging at INFO level only and I cannot mock with
it at this time. There is nothing in the log indicating a problem with the
container request.

Thomas

Posted by Gour Saha <gs...@hortonworks.com>.
Thomas,
Resources.json looks ok. Can you send me the following logs so that I can
look further into it -

- Slider AM log
- Slider agent log (for the container that was killed)
- RM log
- NM log from the node where Slider agent (that was killed) was running

-Gour

Posted by Thomas Weise <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gour Saha <gs...@hortonworks.com>.