Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by David Lomax <da...@gmail.com> on 2008/12/18 14:16:05 UTC

Virtual mail server & user prefs

All,

I know this question has been asked a few times before however I can't
seem to get anything to work using the answers before.

I am running the following Ubuntu server 8.04, postfix server 2.5.1,
dovecot (lda) 1.0.10 and spamassassin 3.2.4 perl 5.8.8
It's configured to use virtual mailboxes via mySQL 5.

All mail uses the UID/GID of 5000 and save the mail to /home/vmail/%d/
%n/Maildir

I want to setup peruser white/black lists using --virtual-config-dir=
However nothing I seem to do works correctly.

Currently in the default working config I pass the following to spamd
within the options.

--create-prefs --max-children 5 --helper-home-dir

I am really happy with what I have got and think spamassassin is kick
ass I kist have this one hurdle to get over.
Any help or links to how to's would be great.

Thanks again and keep up the good work.

Cheers

Dave

Re: Virtual mail server & user prefs

Posted by Benny Pedersen <me...@junc.org>.
On Thu, December 18, 2008 15:17, Nick Warr wrote:
> http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=224

big shame it does not work with latest amavisd and squirrelmail

--
Benny Pedersen
Need more webspace ? http://www.servage.net/?coupon=cust37098

Re: Virtual mail server & user prefs

Posted by Nick Warr <ni...@mobilia.it>.
David Lomax ha scritto:
> All,
>
> I know this question has been asked a few times before however I can't
> seem to get anything to work using the answers before.
>
> I am running the following Ubuntu server 8.04, postfix server 2.5.1,
> dovecot (lda) 1.0.10 and spamassassin 3.2.4 perl 5.8.8
> It's configured to use virtual mailboxes via mySQL 5.
>
> All mail uses the UID/GID of 5000 and save the mail to
> /home/vmail/%d/%n/Maildir
>
> I want to setup peruser white/black lists using --*virtual*-config-dir=
> However nothing I seem to do works correctly.
>
> Currently in the default working config I pass the following to spamd
> within the options.
>
> --create-prefs --max-children 5 --helper-home-dir
>
> I am really happy with what I have got and think spamassassin is kick
> ass I kist have this one hurdle to get over.
> Any help or links to how to's would be great.
>
> Thanks again and keep up the good work.
>
> Cheers
>
> Dave

Why not use amavis with mysql to control spamassassin?

With amavis + mysql you can do per user white/black listing..

This plugin for squirrelmail allows users to control their black/white
lists, as well as spam quarantine scores, as well as spam marking. It
works with amavis though, but I've found that having amavis in the
middle makes things much easier on a per user basis.

http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=224