Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Aditya Kumar <0a...@gmail.com> on 2023/03/16 19:29:13 UTC

How do I see the POST payload sent from Tomcat

I have a Java application running under Tomcat 9. One component of this
application is OpenID authentication, in which my application is a relying
party.

It sends a POST request to https://login.microsoftonline.com, but  in one
scenario I'm getting an error back from Microsoft.

I need to see exactly what was sent in the POST request including the POST
payload data. Is there a way of doing this? I tried the requestdumper
filter but I don't see anything useful.

AW: How do I see the POST payload sent from Tomcat

Posted by "Thomas Hoffmann (Speed4Trade GmbH)" <Th...@speed4trade.com.INVALID>.
Hello,

You could use javax.net.debug as explained here: https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/technotes/guides/security/jsse/ReadDebug.html
Another option would be a reverse proxy between but it takes a bit of work.

Greetings, Thomas