Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Tom Q Citizen <to...@bay-online-media.com> on 2006/12/18 05:20:57 UTC

Question about sa-learn return codes

Hi!  I'm running SquirrelMail 1.4.9a on a Linux-based Apache 2.0.55/php
4.3.11 server and I have SpamAssassin 3.1.7 installed.  I'm currently
trying to get the SquirrelMail spam_buttons plugin working:

http://www.squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=242

and I'm running into a problem I'm wanting to troubleshoot.  I'm NOT
posting this here for SquirrelMail support but to get a sa-learn
question answered.

When I enable debugging in the spam_buttons plugin, I get this output:

*COMMAND USED TO REPORT:* /usr/bin/sa-learn --spam
--configpath=/etc/spamassassin --username=user@domain.com <
../data//sb_tmp_13069_1166402817

This is the command the plugin issues to when it tries to flag a message
as spam.

This was followed by the message body (including headers and
SpamAssassin headers) and then this message:

*RESULTS FROM REPORT:* (13)

Array
(
 [0] => Learned tokens from 0 message(s) (1 message(s) examined)
)

Any ideas at all as to what a return/error code of 13 means?

Thanks!

Peace...

Tom

Re: Question about sa-learn return codes

Posted by Tom Q Citizen <to...@bay-online-media.com>.
Tom Q Citizen wrote:
> When I enable debugging in the spam_buttons plugin, I get this output:
>
> *COMMAND USED TO REPORT:* /usr/bin/sa-learn --spam
> --configpath=/etc/spamassassin --username=user@domain.com <
> ../data//sb_tmp_13069_1166402817
>
> This is the command the plugin issues to when it tries to flag a
> message as spam.
>
> This was followed by the message body (including headers and
> SpamAssassin headers) and then this message:
>
> *RESULTS FROM REPORT:* (13)
>
> Array
> (
> [0] => Learned tokens from 0 message(s) (1 message(s) examined)
> )
>
> Any ideas at all as to what a return/error code of 13 means?
Well, I've answered my own question.  I ran sa-learn with -D and routed
the output to a file and discovered a permissions problem.  sa-learn was
wanting to write files to /root/.spamassasin which it could not do since
it was running as user "httpd".  Why does sa-learn want to write to
/root/.spamassassin?   My text task is to find info on this and
hopefully it's a SpamAssassin configuration issue but I would appreciate
any tips.  :)

Peace...

Tom