Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Nicolae Marasoiu <nm...@kepler-rominfo.com> on 2007/04/16 16:57:19 UTC

Databinding to existing domain java classes

Hi;

What are the options to make a web services remoting of a certain java call
?

1. RPC Service, hot deployed + RPC client: this requires no java code
generation by the user. It is the slowest solution right?
2. ADB generation: how to reuse my own domain objects?
	- I can remove the attributes in each generated type class and make
it inherit my own type class, the domain class; javabean accessors will
delegate to corresponding accessors of the parent class or they are deleted
when the property names are the same (this will probably be my case); given
that one to many relationships are represented as array properties in both
domains (mine and generated one) I asses that this is a workable solution
right?
	- Is there a currently implemented way of telling the generator to
work with existing type classes? Is it smart enaugh to make such a
decoupling between existing, user supplied data javabeans (DTOs) and the XML
- java binding infrastructure?
3. XML Beans or other generation

Thank you,
Nicu Marasoiu