Posted to dev@nifi.apache.org by "Ranjan, Amit | Amy | DPD" <am...@rakuten.com> on 2018/03/08 09:01:52 UTC

Output flow file from SelectHiveQL in NiFi 1.5.0 is not containing the attributes of incoming flow file

Hi Team,

When working with SelectHiveQL in NiFi 1.5.0, we found that at the outgoing flow files do not have attributes inherited from the incoming flow file.
In NiFi 1.4.0, this was not the case and the child flow file contained all the attributes of the parent flow file. I verified the same by taking a look at the source code.

It will be very helpful if you can help me on some of my queries:

1. Is my understanding correct. If I understood it right, then is this the desired behavior of NiFi.

2. If this is the desired behavior of NiFi, wouldn't it be better to have a property in the processor itself to manage whether the child flow file should contain the attributes from the parent (incoming) flow file.

3. As of now I've copied the hive-nar from 1.4.0 to the lib/ of NiFi 1.5.0 and in my dataflow, I used the SelectHiveQL processor corresponding to NiFi 1.4.0. I can understand this is not the fix we'd like to have as during  upgrade we need to copy the nar from 1.4.0.

I want to evaluate the atlas integration feature of NiFi 1.5.0.
Please suggest an accepted workaround.

Regards,
Amit