Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Kamila Molina Orellana <ka...@gmail.com> on 2018/02/21 02:31:44 UTC

GSOC 2018 - Squebi - 1327

Hi all,

I am interested in participating in GSOC 2018 and been looking at the issue
and playing a bit with Stanbol. I am a student from the University of
Cuenca. I have been working with Semantic technologies and currently in my
third year of college.

Well just a quick overview of what I understand, please correct me if I am
wrong. The idea will be to exchange the actual Sparql Endpoint for Squebi.
Then when you go to /sparql, you'll have Squebi functionalities, right?

I see you use Fremaker to build the website, OSGI to load modules. The
actual Sparql Endpoint is loading in bundle/list.xml (
org.apache.stanbol.commons.web.sparql), but when is this file loaded? Where
is the module that manages the Sparql Services? I mean, the WS to make
updates and select queries.

Regards,
~Kamila.

Re: GSOC 2018 - Squebi - 1327

Posted by Kamila Molina Orellana <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi Rafa,

Great news, but I cannot modify the final proposal since I had submitted a
PDF format, and I cannot edit after the deadline. However, I can edit the
proposal in Google Doc, and detail the new tasks that will be implemented.
What do you think?

Regards,
~Kamila.

On Mon, Apr 9, 2018 at 4:58 AM, Rafa Haro <rh...@apache.org> wrote:

> Hi Kamila,
>
> I could made an effort an tried to co-mentor the project, but prior to
> that you would have to modify and extend your proposal covering the new
> discussed tasks. That could take you some time, I'm not sure even if you
> are allowed to modify the proposal at this point
>

> On Fri, Apr 6, 2018 at 10:01 PM Kamila Molina Orellana <
> kamila.molina97@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Thanks Rafa, that sounds cool. That is the reason I wanted to leave open
>> the possibility to work on a different activity. Will you be up to mentor
>> this task with Andreas? According to the timeline [1], organizations are
>> reviewing and selecting proposals.
>>

>> ~Regards,
>> Kamila.
>>
>> [1] https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/how-it-works/#timeline
>>
>> On Tue, Mar 27, 2018 at 8:39 AM, Rafa Haro <rh...@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Kamila,
>>>
>>> I'm probably late to the discussion because you have already made a nice
>>> progress on the proposal but I just wanted to put another topic on the
>>> table which in my opinion could be quite suitable for a GSoC project. It
>>> has to do with a new EntityHub Yard implementation. ATM there are (as far
>>> as I know) three different Yard implementations based on Solr, Clerezza
>>> and
>>> Sesame. First one is suitable to be used for Entity Linking and the

Re: GSOC 2018 - Squebi - 1327

Posted by Rafa Haro <rh...@apache.org>.
Hi Kamila,

Re: GSOC 2018 - Squebi - 1327