Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Ronald Ruzicka <ro...@simutech.at> on 2001/07/18 14:07:24 UTC

SSL with Tomcat/mod_jserv via Apache

Hello,

does anyone know, if it is possible to run SSL on a Tomcat/mod_jserv based
solution connected to Apache-mod_ssl.

Is there a document like "TomCat and SSL" (which describes a TomCAT/mod_jk
based solution), only for Tomcat/mod_jserv.

Thank you for your help.

Ronald Ruzicka
Simutech
Tel.     +43-1-888 36 10-21
Fax      +43-1-888 36 10-49
email    mailto:ronald.ruzicka@simutech.at
homepage www.simutech.at

RE: SSL with Tomcat/mod_jserv via Apache

Posted by John Bazeley <jo...@ecnetwork.co.nz>.
You can run apache/mod_ssl/mod_jserv/tomcat quite happily. I've got
a box here doing just that. Solaris 2.6/tomcat 3.2/apache 1.3.14/
mod_ssl 2.7.1.

Without mod_jk you lose certain pieces of information, though, like
I don't think your servlet knows whether it was called via SSL or
regular http. Mine don't care, though, so neither do I.

Do you need a copy of httpd.conf/tomcat.conf etc?

--
John

#38-40,EPIP,Whitefield,
Bangalore-560054,