Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Luis ROSSO - Up 2 U - Internet Solutions <lr...@up2u.com.ar> on 2001/03/16 22:13:34 UTC

"javax/mail/MessagingException"

Hi, I also have the "javax/mail/MessagingException" depicted in the attached
mail, in a very simple sample available at
http://www.javapro.com/upload/free/features/javapro/2001/04apr01/prs0104/prs
0104-1.asp

Searching for an answer in the Apache SOAP archive at
http://archive.covalent.net/, and even in the archive maintained by
http://marc.theaimsgroup.com, the only suggestion I have found is the same
as the one explained in the attached mail: absence of the mail.jar in the
classpath.

But as I have followed thorougly all the steps suggested the "Release Notes"
in order to install soap 2.1, where it is informed that they "need to be
updated for version 2.1", I do have mail.jar and activation.jar in my
classpath: I added them to tomcat.bat, to my autoexec.bat, and even
manually, lots of times and in different combinations, but without success.

I have tomcat 3.2, soap 2.1, jdk 1.2.2, jaf 1.0.1 and javamail 1.2 on
Windows 98.

Could someone tell me what I could be doing wrong, please?

Thank you very much, and best regards

Luis

Posted by Luis ROSSO - Up 2 U - Internet Solutions <lr...@up2u.com.ar>.
Jason, unfortunately it hasn't worked.

In my opinion, the problem is not related with the presence or absence of
the .jar classes because, as I wrote in my mail, I have tried even setting
them manually immediately before running the example.

Other suggestion...