Posted to dev@groovy.apache.org by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au> on 2018/07/10 13:07:56 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.5.1

Dear development community,

I am happy to start the VOTE thread for a Groovy 2.5.1 release!

This release fixes some issues with OSGi, packaging issues related to JDK9+
and some trait bugs that didn't make it in time for 2.5.0.
There are no API-level breaking changes but the packaging changes
are breaking for a small handful of users who will need to add groovy-jaxb
and/or groovy-bsf into their dependencies. The flip side is that many users
won't need to worry about --add-modules java.xml.bind which was causing
usability headaches for many users. Further details will be in the release
notes.

This release includes 42 bug fixes/improvements as outlined in the
changelog:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12318123&version=12343365

Tag:
https://git1-us-west.apache.org/repos/asf?p=groovy.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/GROOVY_2_5_1
Tag commit id: 5a5d254326d12639fad79451bd8ae39b1c82cbf6

The artifacts to be voted on are located as follows (r28027).
Source release: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/groovy/2.5.1/sources
Convenience binaries:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/groovy/2.5.1/distribution

Release artifacts are signed with a key from the following file:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/groovy/KEYS

Please vote on releasing this package as Apache Groovy 2.5.1.

Reminder on ASF release approval requirements for PMC members:
http://www.apache.org/legal/release-policy.html#release-approval
Hints on validating checksums/signatures (but replace md5sum with
sha256sum):
https://www.apache.org/info/verification.html

The vote is open for the next 72 hours and passes if a majority of at least
three +1 PMC votes are cast.

[ ] +1 Release Apache Groovy 2.5.1
[ ]  0 I don't have a strong opinion about this, but I assume it's ok
[ ] -1 Do not release Apache Groovy 2.5.1 because...

Here is my vote:

+1 (binding)

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.5.1

Posted by Remko Popma <re...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Søren Berg Glasius <so...@glasius.dk>.
+1 (not binding)

--

Best regards / Med venlig hilsen,

Søren Berg Glasius

Hedevej 1, Gl. Rye, 8680 Ry, Denmark
Mobile: +45 40 44 91 88, Skype: sbglasius

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.5.1

Posted by Russel Winder <ru...@winder.org.uk>.
+1

Posted by Guillaume Laforge <gl...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

All tests ran fine.
My smoke tests with the Groovy Console as well.

Guillaume

--
Guillaume Laforge

Blog: http://glaforge.appspot.com/
Twitter: @glaforge <http://twitter.com/glaforge>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.5.1

Posted by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>.
Thanks for the vote!

Yes, it would be good to be able to add exceptions to Spotbugs like
excluding checking for serialVersionUID in our generated closures. In many
classes, that is 50-90% of the spotbug errors.

Posted by Andres Almiray <aa...@gmail.com>.
Successful build from source.
Quite the number of codenarc, checkstyle, and spotbugs violations, some of
them might have been reported already, however no showstoppers.

+1 (binding)

Java Champion; Groovy Enthusiast
JCP EC Associate Seat
http://andresalmiray.com
http://www.linkedin.com/in/aalmiray
those who don't.

Posted by John Wagenleitner <jo...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

[RESULT][VOTE] Release Apache Groovy 2.5.1

Posted by Paul King <pa...@asert.com.au>.
The vote has passed with four binding +1 votes and four additional +1 votes.

I'll proceed with next steps.

Cheers, Paul.