Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by Lin Sun <li...@gmail.com> on 2008/10/16 22:34:08 UTC

source-repository (in plugin metadata) and default-repository (in plugin catalog)

Hi,

We provide source-repository in plugin metadata and default-repository
in plugin catalog.

Currently, (I think this is how it works) when we install a plugin
from a remote repo A, if the installation is not restricted to the
particular repo A:

If the plugin specifies 1+ source-repository, we'll use that and
ignore the default-repository specified in plugin catalog.

If the plugin doesn't specify any source-repository, we'll use the
default-repository specified in the plugin catalog.

I 'd like to change it to:

If the plugin specifies 1+ source-repository, we'll use that AND the
default-repository specified in plugin catalog.

I think that would give us more flexibility.   Thoughts?

P.S. this is related to this thread on user list where a user wants to
install active mq on top of little G env -
http://www.nabble.com/how-to-add-activemq-to-little-g--to19837127s134.html

Lin

Re: source-repository (in plugin metadata) and default-repository (in plugin catalog)

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.
Yep, seems like a fix that would be useful for 2.1 users.

-Donald

Posted by Lin Sun <li...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Donald Woods <dw...@apache.org>.